CBD is the hot ticket item right now and it has been making waves in many industries. Only a few years ago, it was an obscure niche product found in small health food stores and local smoke shops. From these humble beginnings, the popularity of CBD products means they have made their way into major grocery stores, nationwide gas stations, and just about every retail shop known to man. By now pretty much everyone has heard of CBD and its reported benefits. From $292 million in 2016, the industry is expected to explode to $2.15 billion in 2021. Some are even projecting that the entire industry will eventually balloon to over $20 billion in yearly revenue. That is huge growth and many large companies are keeping an eye on this industry. Even Coca-Cola said they are “closely watching” the CBD market.
Factors to Consider When Buying Bulk CBD Oil
- Is It Legal? This may seem redundant, but it is always a good practice to make sure that the oil you are buying is legal. To be legal in the United States the oil must not contain more than 0.3% THC. Therefore, it is good practice to be sure that the oil you are purchasing is not over that threshold. However, a full-spectrum distillate or broad-spectrum oil will have trace amounts of THC below 0.3%. Some companies do make a THC free option as well. If a company does not offer up lab test result this could also be a red flag that the product itself does not comply with the legal standards. It is best to only do business with reputable companies which lead us to our next point.
- Is It Produced in a GMP facility? When looking for bulk CBD oil it is best to use reputable companies who not only have lab tests available to view but are also GMP facilities. What is a GMP facility you may ask? GMP is short for good manufacturing practices and a company that meets this requirement is known as GMP compliant. To be GMP compliant a company must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the regulating agencies and meet the minimum qualifications. If these are satisfied, then the company will be awarded a GMP compliance certification. When buying from a GMP certified company you can be sure that you are getting high-quality CBD that is made using the most ethical processes.
- Is It Organic, Non-GMO, and Vegan? Another great aspect to look into is whether the CBD is organic, non-GMO, and vegan. While one is better than none, in this case, it is best to find a company that has all three. In fact, it is even better if you find a company that goes even further and has no additives, preservatives, pesticides or heavy metals. A company that uses the fewest ingredients possible and creates a minimally processed end product without sacrificing quality is going to be your best friend when buying bulk CBD oil.
- Is The CBD CO2 Extracted? There are multiple ways to extract CBD and some ways are better than others. The three main extraction methods are solvent extraction, steam distillation, and CO2 supercritical extraction. While solvent extraction and steam distillation are perfectly viable methods of extracting CBD they are not as efficient as CO2 supercritical extraction. CO2 supercritical extraction is the crown jewel of the extraction process and leads to the best quality CBD oil. CO2 extraction creates the purest and most consistent product without leaving behind any toxic chemicals or bad tasting chlorophyll. It should be the preferred extraction method when you consider buying bulk CBD oil.
- Does the CBD Wholesaler Have a Consistent Supply? Does the supplier have a reliable supply of the product? This is another factor worth considering and can be especially important if looking to start your own CBD business. Without a reliable way to restock it could be the difference between success and failure. It is definitely a good idea to find a company that is large enough and can consistently fulfill your orders in a timely manner.
What Is CBD?
Maybe you have heard of CBD from a friend or family member, but not you are not quite sure of exactly what it is. Millions of people are asking this question daily, so do not fret cause we have an explanation for you! CBD is an acronym for the word Cannabidiol. Cannabidiol is what is called a cannabinoid and they are found in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Now, this plant may sound familiar to you and for good reason. Cannabis is the scientific name for the plant that marijuana comes from and is known around the globe for getting people high. Marijuana is high in a cannabinoid called tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC is the cannabinoid that gives you the euphoric feeling of being high. While there is a lesser-known cousin to marijuana called industrial hemp. Hemp is low in THC, but high in CBD. CBD is similar in structure to THC and they are both cannabinoids, but CBD does not have any of the same psychoactive effects even though they both come from the same plant family.
Benefits of CBD
Many users of CBD have reported that it has many healing properties. That it can treat a variety of conditions from anxiety and depression to more serious conditions such as cancer and epilepsy. CBD can now be found in a myriad of products including lip balms, lotions, bath bombs, edibles, beverages, and even treats for your pets. Each day many more people are exposed to CBD and its potential benefits as it shows up almost everywhere we look. Perhaps you have seen this growth trend and thought of opening up your own CBD business. Maybe you plan to create your own CBD products or intend to use a lot by macro dosing. Whatever your needs read on to find out some tips when buying bulk CBD oil.
Above are some of the key factors you should consider when looking to buy bulk CBD oil. By giving these guidelines serious consideration, you can be sure that you or your customers are getting the best CBD available on the market.